[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials, action items from 3 October Privacy/Proxy IRT call

DiBiase, Gregory dibiase at amazon.com
Sun Oct 8 19:41:10 UTC 2017

Hi Caitlin,

Some initial comments on the revised Applicant Guide:

1.       The two track system is a big improvement.  Much clearer.

2.       I noticed the fees have been removed.  Will new fees be proposed for next week’s meeting?  I also believe ICANN was going to provide actual costs for background checks (the rationale for application fees), when will those be provided?

3.       Re Section 3.2, why is the applicant providing information on when ICANN last performed a background check on the applicant’s affiliated entity?  Doesn’t ICANN know this?  I would like to reiterate Volker’s position that background checks should not be required for affiliated entities.  If a check has already been conducted on an affiliated entity, responses to the questions in the rest of section 3 should be sufficient.

4.       Re 5.2: I lost track of where we are on identifying that the registration is a privacy/proxy registration, but wasn’t this concern already accounted for in the rules generally?  I don’t think it should solved by providers individually and therefore this question is not necessary.

5.       Generally, the change from asking for descriptions to asking for confirmation is welcome.