[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] updated PPAA + documents for today's IRT call

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Oct 10 12:57:20 UTC 2017

Caitlin et al

A few comments

I still maintain that the $4k / year fee for registrars that are already accredited with ICANN and paying fees is too high.

In the PPA_redline document:
3.8.3 “all services” is way too broad and is unreasonable. This should be narrowed to specify that it refers solely to proxy / privacy

3.9 for “affiliated” entities can this be simplified and combined? We already have to do this for our registrar accreditation having to do it twice is likely to cause confusion and create unnecessary duplication

3.12.3 – while the language here might be sufficient I suspect it’ll cause headaches for those of us who are trying to comply with GDPR etc., and are removing PII records as quickly as we can. My main concern is that ICANN Compliance (and others) might come looking for data we no longer hold. I also don’t really understand why the data needs to be held for this long. There is a reference in Spec 7 to a waiver, but I can’t see it here.

Specification 7 section 2 has a very complicated waiver process which seems to be conflating data retention with whois policy. Unless I’m missing something this could be simplified quite a bit.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon