[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials, action items from 10 Oct Privacy/Proxy IRT call

Metalitz, Steven met at msk.com
Mon Oct 16 16:26:58 UTC 2017

Thanks for this, Caitlin.

I am a bit puzzled by your second bullet point with regard to the revised Applicant Guide. First, I am not sure that anything in the IP disclosure framework relates directly to issues such as background checking.  The minor changes  to 6.10 were requested to conform to Recommendation 8  of the PDP WG Final Report, not to anything in the annex containing the IP disclosure framework.

Second, just to clarify, do the background check questions now appearing as items 3.1 through 3.5 track the questions posed to registrar accreditation applicants? To the extent that questions contained in items 3.3 through 3.15 of the previous version of the application do not appear in the revised version, is that because these questions are not asked of applicants for registrar accreditation?

Finally, thank you for including item 3.6 in the latest version, but may I propose the following slightly revised (and I hope slightly clearer) text:

Has the Applicant and/or any of the entities mentioned in the answers to Section 3 previously had an ICANN accreditation involuntarily terminated, or have any of the persons mentioned in those answers previously been employed by an entity whose ICANN accreditation was involuntarily terminated?

Thanks, and looking forward to your response.

Steve Metalitz

On behalf of Coalition for Online Accountability (COA) | www.onlineaccountability.net

[image001]
Steven J. Metalitz | Partner, through his professional corporation
T: +1.202.355.7902 | met at msk.com<mailto:met at msk.com>
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP | www.msk.com<http://www.msk.com/>
1818 N Street NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENTS. THIS MESSAGE MAY BE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION, AND AS SUCH IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, FORWARDING OR COPYING OF THIS MESSAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY REPLY E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE, AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE AND ALL ATTACHMENTS FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THANK YOU.