[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials, action items from 17 Oct Privacy/Proxy IRT call

Darcy Southwell darcy.southwell at endurance.com
Mon Oct 30 08:52:20 UTC 2017

Sara, thank you so much for putting together such detailed revisions/comments on these pieces.  I totally support the requested revisions.  Like all aspects of this (and any) IRT’s work, we need to be mindful that we are not deviating from the policy represented in the Final Report.  I think that’s exactly what’s happened here with the language of PPAA 3.14.  The Final Report does not provide the absolute prohibition that is represented in the PPAA. With the prohibition not included in the Final Report, I’m not sure why staff added this language.

Regarding universally changing “Registered Name Holder” with “Customer,” we should consider each change very carefully to avoid operational issues or failures.

And then there’s GDPR … this is the wild animal that is running rampant everywhere within the ICANN community.  We cannot allow this IRT to put forth what a brand new contracted party that has an accreditation agreement in violation of the GDPR (not to mention the very similar privacy laws of many other countries).

Thanks,

Darcy

Darcy Southwell | Compliance Officer

M: +1 503-453-7305 │ Skype: darcy.enyeart