[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Items for PP IRT discussion on Tuesday

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Apr 17 13:43:57 UTC 2018

Hello Darcy,

Thank you for this, this has been noted.

Kind regards,
Michelle

From: Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Darcy Southwell <darcy.southwell at endurance.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM
To: "gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org" <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Items for PP IRT discussion on Tuesday

My apologies, but I’ll have to join the call late.

Darcy
Sent from Darcy's iPhone. Please excuse errors.

On Apr 11, 2018, at 11:31, Amy Bivins <amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

Attached are updated documents for discussion on Tuesday’s Privacy/Proxy IRT call, at 1400 UTC:

  1.  Updated draft de-accreditation procedure
  2.  Updated LEA Framework Specification markup

On our call Tuesday, I’ll walk you through the updates that have been made to the de-accreditation procedure based on your feedback. Please come prepared to discuss any further feedback you may have on this document, particularly the re-introduction of a proposed transition procedure that could be used to attempt to transfer impacted customers to a new provider if a provider is de-accredited. We considered whether to remove this process in the prior draft, due to practical concerns, but upon further consideration we think this process should be included, with the caveat that once it is tested adjustments may be needed to make the process work.

For the updated markup of the LEA framework specification, the goal is to determine whether we have consensus among IRT members to adopt any of the changes proposed by registrar members of the IRT. There appears to be strong support for many of these proposed changes, so unless there is opposition to changes they can be incorporated into the draft. It’s clear that the 24-hour response time proposed by the PSWG for high-priority requests does not have consensus support of the IRT, so we plan to call out this section specifically during the public comment period for community feedback.

I hope to also have an update for you on data escrow next week and, if not, soon thereafter. As Adobe Connect is still unavailable, Michelle will circulate alternative information for you to dial in for the meeting.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>