[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Additional notes, background for 9 January IRT Call

Victoria Sheckler vsheckler at riaa.com
Tue Jan 9 10:48:00 UTC 2018

Me too

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 8, 2018, at 8:07 PM, Darcy Southwell <darcy.southwell at endurance.com<mailto:darcy.southwell at endurance.com>> wrote:

My apologies, but I've had a conflict arise for Tuesday.

Darcy

__________

Darcy Southwell | Compliance Officer

M: +1 503-453-7305 │ Skype: darcy.enyeart

[https://www.endurance.com/wp-content/themes/endurance/assets/images/endurance-header-logo.png]

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 9:34 AM, Amy Bivins <amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

In advance of our meeting on Tuesday, I’m including a few background points that may have been forgotten or lost since it’s been awhile since we have discussed the upcoming PPAA sections we expect to cover during the meeting. Reviewing the IRT’s feedback on the substance of the draft contract, we will likely be able to make it through the rest of the PPAA draft (not including the specifications) next week.

With respect to the feedback received on PPAA Section 3.12 (abuse contact): Per discussion on IRT calls in early 2017, we began drafting this section with RAA requirements where Final Report was silent (final report mentioned "designated" rather than "dedicated" contact but was otherwise silent on specific abuse contact requirements. The IRT supported this approach at the time. We adapted RAA requirements, per IRT discussions and Final Report, to allow for abuse contact options other than an email address (per recommendation in final report--"to address increasing volumes of spam" associated with the publication of an abuse contact email address (see p. 62 of Final Report).

Re: PSWG feedback--this "abuse contact" provision governs when other frameworks (LEA or IP) do not apply

IRT feedback re: Section 3.12.2 is noted—I believe the edits were added in an attempt to capture the requirements of the LEA framework, but this can be handled within the framework itself.

Section 3.14: This edit was proposed based on text from Final Report in the IP framework—this was discussed briefly on a prior IRT call but can be discussed further.

Section 3.17: IRT feedback was that this does not read consistently with Final Report. IRT members who raised this point are asked to explain why/how they believe this is inconstant with the Final Report, as our interpretation of this text is that it has the same meaning as the Final Report.

Section 3.19: This requirement was included in the Final Report.

Please provide any further feedback on these or any other aspects of the PPAA and issues identified in the issues list on the list prior to our call next week.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551<tel:(202)%20249-7551>
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104<tel:(202)%20789-0104>
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>