[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Action items, next steps following today's IRT call

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Tue Jan 30 16:14:18 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for your participation on today's privacy/proxy IRT call. If you couldn't attend, I encourage you to listen to the (very short) recording, available on the wiki, https://community.icann.org/display/IRT/30+January+2018

Today, we reviewed proposed edits to Specification 5, including the addition of the following text from the Final Report to the specification's introduction (see p. 85 of the Final Report), "Given the balance that this Policy attempts to strike, evidence of the use of high-volume, automated electronic processes for sending Requests or responses to Requests (without human review) to the systems of Requesters, Providers, or Customers in performing any of the steps in the processes outlined in this Policy shall create a rebuttable presumption of non-compliance with this Policy."

Barring any further IRT discussion on this change, or the other following typographical changes throughout the specification, we will make these edits to the next PPAA draft:

  *   Updating references to "WHOIS" to "RDDS" throughout the specification;
  *   Updating the word "Policy" to "Specification" throughout the specification;
  *   Changing the word "trademark" to "copyright" in Section 32.2.7.4.

We also reviewed the previously agreed-upon plan to publish the draft data retention specification as-is, with the understanding that this could be impacted at a later date by the parallel GDPR work that is currently underway.

Please send any further input you have on these items to the list this week.

Next Steps

We have one additional specification to review, related to the proposed format for monthly reporting (we expect this will mostly be of interest to the registrar members of the IRT). If this is ready next week we will review but, if not, we may cancel next week's meeting. I'll let you know by the end of this week.

Meanwhile, ICANN Org is finalizing updates to the draft Policy document, de-accreditation process document, and Applicant Guide based on the IRT's input. I expect to be able to share these with you next week, for discussion the following week (the week of 13 February). I hope to be able to share the next PPAA draft with you the week of 13 Feb, for final IRT review over the following couple of weeks.

Once these materials have been reviewed by the IRT, we will be ready for public comment. Our hope is to publish these for comment by the end of February, or at least prior to ICANN61.

We have requested an IRT meeting slot for ICANN61, but do not have a date/time confirmed yet. Provided we are out for comment at that point, we plan to discuss the remaining Transfer Policy issue during that meeting.

Best,

Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>