[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] PP IRT status update; no meeting Tuesday

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 12 19:42:39 UTC 2018

Hi Amy,

While I think that a processing agreement in some shape or form will be
required, also depending on the legal review I do not believe this IRT
should wade into section 4.

My personal opinion is that this section is somewhat "muddy."
And I am very diplomatic here.
But casting my personal opinion aside here, this section, if I am
correct, is part of the ePDP scope. So it would be counterproductive and
perhaps create a delay for a WG that needs to operate rapidly.
In addition to this, how would this IRT go through this section and come
up with a position that is data protection compliant?

I think it would make more sense we focus on the processing itself, and
exclude section 4. The processing itself will be complicated enough in
terms of setting up an agreement that is data protection compliant.

Best,
Theo