[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] PP IRT status update; no meeting Tuesday

Sara Bockey sbockey at godaddy.com
Tue Jul 17 20:12:05 UTC 2018

Hi Amy,

I’m a little unclear as to how we intend the Privacy/Proxy Accreditation Agreement to dictate the terms for data processing, as this is something that will need to be agreed to between the Registrar and the Privacy/Proxy Provider, unless the intent is to create a standard set of terms that are included as a model, but capable of being modified or supplemented by the Registrar?  If so, then perhaps this should be handled similar to that of the recent RRA Amendment, which adds appropriate data processing terms to the RAA (via the form and process outlined here https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rra-amendment-terms-temp-spec-02jul18-en.pdf).  It would differ in that these terms could be directly incorporated into the P/P Accreditation Agreement, rather than via an amendment as in the case of the previously executed RAAs, and the form and substance would need to be modified for these particular purposes, but the concept of “model clauses” might be viable.

In any event, we do not believe use of Section 4 of the Temp Specification is adequate or appropriate for these purposes.

Sara

sara bockey
sr. policy manager | GoDaddy™
sbockey at godaddy.com<mailto:sbockey at godaddy.com>  480-366-3616
skype: sbockey

This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of this message and its attachments.