[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] No PP IRT Meeting on Tuesday

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Mon Jun 11 13:34:51 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The most current version of the draft PPAA is attached (shown in redline from the last version you reviewed). Since the last version, edits were primarily made to the LEA Specification (you’ll note that the “high priority” request time is now listed as “TBD”—we are planning to specifically seek public comment about that and note the different suggestions raised by IRT members).

Footnotes explain where edits have been made elsewhere in that specification and a remaining question we have:

For 3.2.2 / 4.1.2.4 of Specification 3 (the LEA Spec), there needs to be some sort of standard or procedures set forth that the Provider needs to accomplish before  it can refuse disclosure for failure to verify an identity (i.e., Provider has to use [commercially reasonable][reasonable best] efforts to verify and if, after using such [commercially reasonable][reasonable best] efforts to verify it cannot verify, then…)

What do you think about using a “commercially reasonable” or “reasonable best” efforts standard?

There may be a few additional edits proposed related to data escrow, to reference the specification which will now be outside the contract. I’ll send an updated version once work on that is complete (hopefully this week).

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>