[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] [Ext] Re: PP fees proposal document attached

Chris Pelling chris at netearth.net
Wed Jun 13 19:06:40 UTC 2018

Hi Amy,
Its astounding that icann org have literally taken no notice of the concerns the IRT have about the representation of the fee structure.
Is it no wonder half of us no longer bother to interact with giving feedback as icann simply do as they please anyway?
If took months for icann to "back up" their fee structure and what was provided was simply third grade material.

Sent by Chris on the move.
-------- Original message --------From: Amy Bivins <amy.bivins at icann.org> Date: 13/06/2018  19:12  (GMT+01:00) To: gtheo <gtheo at xs4all.nl>, gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org Subject: Re: [Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] [Ext] Re: PP fees proposal document attached
Dear Colleagues,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback on the privacy and proxy service provider accreditation fees-related documentation, both on the list and during the meetings we have recently had on this topic.

ICANN org has carefully considered the feedback of all IRT members in developing the proposed fee structure. Despite recommendations from some IRT members to reduce the proposed fees, ICANN org continues to believe that the fees proposed are reasonable and appropriate, for the reasons identified in the fees proposal documentation (attached).

As noted in the fees proposal, ICANN org analyzed three relevant factors in reaching the fee structure that was proposed: relevant benchmarks; fees transparency, simplicity, stability and predictability; and anticipated program management costs. ICANN org understands that some IRT members disagree with this assessment, but did not find any of the arguments or suggestions raised by IRT members persuasive.

If persuasive reasons are raised for revisiting the proposed fee structure during the public comment period, ICANN org commits to revisit the proposed fees. Please know that ICANN org sincerely appreciates the time and effort you committed to this exercise and the broader work of the IRT.

Best,

Amy