[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Additional Background Re: Proposed PP Reporting Process

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Mar 6 23:15:51 UTC 2018

Amy

Thanks for the update.
I’ll ask our technical team to have a look over this, though I still think that monthly reporting is overkill.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
From: Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Amy Bivins <amy.bivins at icann.org>
Date: Tuesday 6 March 2018 at 19:53
To: "gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org" <gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl at icann.org>
Subject: [Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Additional Background Re: Proposed PP Reporting Process

Dear Colleagues,

Following up on our discussion today about the processes for monthly reporting, I can now provide some additional information from our tech team.

I have attached two templates that can be used to  get a better idea of how the report contents are expected to look (using RRI) assuming 2 sample registrars and TLDs. These templates were created using our current internal working draft, so the fields don’t match the previous version of the specification you reviewed. Certain fields (in the top row) were tentatively deleted, and others added, pending further IRT input on the topic. If the IRT’s consensus was that reporting should not be broken out by category, the number of fields would be further reduced.

Providers would not be required under the current proposal to automate their end of the reporting and are allowed to generate the files manually if they prefer. Since RRI is a RESTful API, users may upload the report files using a simple command line, or even public web browser extensions that allow users to execute HTTP PUT requests as a REST Client.

For example, in a Unix based terminal this can be done by running the following commands replacing the highlighted fields with the corresponding value for the Provider credentials, file name, provider ID and reported date:

  *   Upload Per Registrar report:
curl -u username:password --header "Content-Type:text/csv" --request PUT  --data-binary @PPSP-registrars-yyyymm.csv --dump-header - <base-url>/report/ppsp-activity-registrar/PPSP-ID/2018-03

  *   Upload Per TLD report:
curl -u username:password --header "Content-Type:text/csv" --request PUT --data-binary @PPSP-tld-yyyymm.csv --dump-header - <base-url>/report/ppsp-activity-tld/PPSP-ID/2018-03

Some REST clients for browsers have similar looks to the screenshot below added for reference to show the ease of use, however ICANN does not provide support for third party software.
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3B55A.2B813B10]

Please let me know should there be any other questions.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>