[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Follow-Up on Yesterday's PP IRT Discussion

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Tue Sep 4 11:52:48 UTC 2018

Hi Amy,

re: temporary specification. Privacy/Proxy services are not bound by the
current temp spec and will not be bound  once accredited as their
services are out of scope of the spec:

Please review 1.2 of the temp Spec: "1.2. This Temporary Specification
applies to all gTLD Registry Operators and ICANN-accredited Registrars."

That's it. All additions of clauses based on the temp spec must
therefore be removed again before we can go to public comment.

Also, here are a few suggested additional edits:

3.2.2 During the Term of this agreement and for one year thereafter *-
or the maximum duration allowed by applicable law, if shorter* -
Provider shall ...

3.3 -remove in its entirety - we never proposed a public access RDS
system by privacy services in the WG. It is also unclear whom the
license is supposed to be granted to.

3.4. Add: This requirement is void if the data described in Sections
[3.3.1 through 3.3.4] is already being escrowed by the sponsoring registrar.

3.5.3 Move information requirements to 3.8, unless a specific notice is
absolutely required.

3.5.3.3 Replace by: Provider shall provide appropriate notice to a
Customer upon each initial agreement regarding a Registered Name for
which Provider is providing the Services. Such a notice should provide
all legally required information in accordance with applicable data
privacy laws (optional: which may include: 3.5.3.3.1, 3.5.3.3.2,
3.5.3.3.3, 3.5.3.3.4, 3.5.3.3.5, 3.5.3.3.6, 3.5.3.3.9, 3.5.3.3.10,
3.5.3.3.11, 3.5.3.3.13 (add: if applicable), 3.5.3.3.14.)

3.5.3.4: Remove completely, as this is invalid forced consent.

3.5.3.8 Remove: Unnecessary as already included in registration
agreements. No need for duplication of representation.

3.6.1 change $4,000 to $400

3.17. add at the end: ...and to the extent permitted under applicable law.

3.18.2 Add: Provider shall not be required to allow transfers to
registrars it has no agreement with as long as its data remains in the
RDS at the time the transfer is requested.

7.2. Please add data processing equivalency language. Also remove the
reference to the "specification in effect".

Spec 2, Remove Sections 1.2.5, 1.3.1,1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.3.5 - irrelevant
for pp services.

under Section 2 add: "...provided the Provider and the services provided
by it are in scope of such a temporary policy."

Spec 8: Strike then entire thing and replace it by general language that
required provider to process data in accordance with any requirements of
applicable law.

Am 31.08.2018 um 21:09 schrieb Amy Bivins:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Following up on our discussion yesterday, I checked with the Legal
> team about a couple of items that were discussed.
>
>  1. With respect to the proposed edits to the PPAA that are related to
>     data processing (see, e.g. Section 3.5.3 of the contract and the
>     new draft Specification 8), provisions on these topics must be
>     included in this contract, though these can be edited based on
>     your feedback.
>
> If you have suggested edits to these new provisions, please send them
> to the list and we can discuss them on the call next week. If, as
> discussed yesterday, you believe the inclusion of these provisions
> raises more fundamental questions about status, in light of the
> pending ePDP on similar topics, we can also discuss that.
>
> As a reminder, the way the PPAA is drafted, any new ICANN Policy that
> is in conflict with current provisions (GDPR-related or otherwise)
> would supersede any conflicting provisions in this contract.
>
>  2. On the overall timeline, and additional deliverables, any
>     additional GDPR-related changes will be based on IRT feedback. We
>     have a couple of additional discussion topics that we didn’t reach
>     last week, which could require additional PPAA changes. We’ll
>     discuss these next week:
>      1. Are the disclosure frameworks intended to give Providers
>         limited or no discretion on disclosure if other requirements
>         in the framework are met?
>      2. What should requirements be for a Provider’s logging of
>         disclosure requests from third parties?
>
> We are continuing to review the contract for any copy-editing related
> issues, and I expect we will finish with those in the next week or so.
>
> I hope this is helpful. Please continue to consider these issues and
> share any feedback you have on-list. We can pick up on these issues
> next week.
>
> Thanks, and have a great weekend!
>
> Amy
>
> *Amy E. Bivins*
>
> Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
>
> Registrar Services and Industry Relations

> Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
>
> Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
>
> Email: amy.bivins at icann.org <mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
>
> www.icann.org <http://www.icann.org>

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann
- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:
www.facebook.com/KeySystems
www.twitter.com/key_systems

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu

Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann
- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann at key-systems.net

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:
www.facebook.com/KeySystems
www.twitter.com/key_systems

CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

Member of the KEYDRIVE GROUP
www.keydrive.lu

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.