[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials From Today's PP IRT Call, Action Items

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Thu Sep 6 19:58:00 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for your active participation on today's PP IRT call. If you didn't attend, I encourage you to review the materials and recording, which are available on the wiki, https://community.icann.org/display/IRT/6+Sept+2018+Meeting.

Notes and Action Items

  1.  The first item on today's agenda was a discussion of the feedback and comments from some members of the IRT that the current RDDS environment might signal a need to consult with the GNSO Council about the status of the PP IRT's work. IRT members were asked whether they believe questions exist that should be taken to the Council and, if so, what the questions are. IRT members are encouraged to review the recording to hear their all positions raised on this item.
     *   Action Item 1: If any IRT member believes that one or more Policy issues have arisen that should be referred to the GNSO Council, the member is requested to clearly identify that question on the list no later than the end of the day on Friday.
     *   Action Item 2: IRT members are requested to provide feedback on any issues raised via the list.
     *   Action Item 3: IRT members are also invited to, either instead of writing to the list or as a supplement, indicate their position on whether or not they believe a Policy issue has arisen that should be escalated to the Council, by participating in this poll: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8MW2JMM Please complete the poll by the end of this week. I will circulate the results of the poll on Monday. The poll results will be considered along with feedback received on the list and the call.
     *   If the results of the poll and continued discussion on the list this week indicate that there is a likely consensus to escalate one or more issues to the Council, this potential course of action will be continued to be explored next week. If not, we will continue to work to finalize the PPAA in preparation for public comment.
  2.  PPAA Markup
     *   We began reviewing the PPAA markup, and will continue reviewing next week.
     *   Action Item: IRT members are invited to continue reviewing the markup and provide any additional feedback on the document no later than end of day Monday for discussion on Thursday's call.
     *   Action Item: I will consult with Legal about points raised on the call, for discussion next week.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>