[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Proposed Agenda - Accuracy Scoping Team meeting #11 on Thursday 23 December at 14.00 UTC

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Tue Dec 21 21:18:20 UTC 2021

Michael and Accuracy Scoping team,

I am not comfortable with the GNSO council liaison also serving as the
vice-chair for this team.  My concern is not with Olga at all, but rather
having the same person perform both roles.  While I know we are not a PDP, I
think much of the guidance established for PDPs is applicable for a scoping
team.  Under PDP 3.0 the GNSO council liaison has an important and expanded
role which may be difficult to carry out properly when also a vice-chair or
chair.

Noting PDP 3.0 improvement #5 – GNSO Council Liaison supplemental Guidance:
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/pdp-3-5-liaison-supp-guidance-10feb20-en.pdf
The job duty is specific on this topic: “The liaison may serve as an interim
WG Chair until a WG Chair is named. As per current practice, it would not be
appropriate for the liaison to be considered for a permanent Chair or
cochair/vice-chair position.”  This is guidance we should follow.

Thank you,

Marc