[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Proposed Agenda - Accuracy Scoping Team meeting #5 - Thursday 11 November at 14.00 UTC
michael at palage.com
Wed Nov 10 13:17:24 UTC 2021
I really encourage everyone to read this document which Marika just shared with the list. However, to help motivate everyone to read this document, I thought this little excerpt of “red meat” might help with this reading assignment.
5. What's the latest progress of WHOIS ARS Phase 3? Are there any means identified how to conduct identity validation?
ICANN org has looked into identity verification or validation as part of the phase 3 work of the ARS, but was not able to identify any services that would meet the intent of identity verification.
From: GNSO-Accuracy-ST <gnso-accuracy-st-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 7:49 AM
To: gnso-accuracy-st at icann.org
Subject: Re: [GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Proposed Agenda - Accuracy Scoping Team meeting #5 - Thursday 11 November at 14.00 UTC
To facilitate your input for agenda item #4, please find attached a compilation of the ICANN org answers to a number of accuracy related questions posed by the WHOIS-RDS2 Review Team back in 2018.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
From: GNSO-Accuracy-ST <gnso-accuracy-st-bounces at icann.org <mailto:gnso-accuracy-st-bounces at icann.org> > on behalf of Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org <mailto:marika.konings at icann.org> >
Date: Tuesday, 9 November 2021 at 14:52
To: "gnso-accuracy-st at icann.org <mailto:gnso-accuracy-st at icann.org> " <gnso-accuracy-st at icann.org <mailto:gnso-accuracy-st at icann.org> >
Subject: [GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Proposed Agenda - Accuracy Scoping Team meeting #5 - Thursday 11 November at 14.00 UTC
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team which is scheduled for Thursday 11 November at 14.00 UTC.
As a reminder:
1. RDA Scoping Team members to review the most recent working definition for accuracy ( <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1k9fvA4gnb13bNbB8O4o72mXMZ8mQnJGC/edit__;!!PtGJab4!pgipamP_QLfw3Pwp8I71eK0_5b7LrQx8AuyS14jIJz412H6BLXHfOpJMRpj2a0Gg3gwDER-TlQ$> p. 12 of the Assignment 1 background briefing doc [docs.google.com]) and provide proposed edits or alternate definitions by COB Wednesday, 10 November. Once the Team agrees to the baseline working definition, groups can begin working on their proposed “aspirational” or “desired future state” definitions.
2. RDA Scoping Team members to populate questions to ICANN org in the <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit__;!!PtGJab4!pgipamP_QLfw3Pwp8I71eK0_5b7LrQx8AuyS14jIJz412H6BLXHfOpJMRpj2a0Gg3gyCZKgiaw$> dedicated Google Doc [docs.google.com] over the coming weeks with a goal to finalize questions by Friday, 27 November.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team – Meeting #5
Thursday 11 November at 14.00 UTC
1. Welcome & Chair Updates (5 minutes)
a. Project plan submitted to the GNSO Council (see https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2021-November/025175.html)
2. Working definition of accuracy (10 minutes)
>From assignment #1: “The Scoping Team shall, with reference to the resources that will be included in the index of relevant resources cited below, consider whether there is an agreed definition of registration data accuracy and, if not, consider what working definitions should be used in the context of the Scoping Team's deliberations. Particular attention should be given to the definition that ICANN Compliance employs for “accuracy” in ICANN’s contracts. Note, this does not preclude any subsequent effort from formalising the definition(s) that should be applied in the context of any existing and/or new accuracy requirements that may be developed”.
a. Consider further input received on definition (see page 12 - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k9fvA4gnb13bNbB8O4o72mXMZ8mQnJGC/edit [docs.google.com] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1k9fvA4gnb13bNbB8O4o72mXMZ8mQnJGC/edit__;!!PtGJab4!taFolSqF77Cfrr4N-CjEkt7DYZmiXI48RbtEvaLbJ6Hxi8_r1v3JT0oguH2dnNlnLFbgj-Y35w$> )
b. Confirm working definition (current state)
3. Aspirational definition of accuracy (10 minutes)
a. Overview of homework assignment (see template - https://docs.google.com/document/d/11msexuoqWSUsFj8ZjVvWF-XHpcMJntWH/edit [docs.google.com] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/11msexuoqWSUsFj8ZjVvWF-XHpcMJntWH/edit__;!!PtGJab4!taFolSqF77Cfrr4N-CjEkt7DYZmiXI48RbtEvaLbJ6Hxi8_r1v3JT0oguH2dnNlnLFYNdLrJ-A$> )
b. Scoping team input
c. Confirm next steps & deadline for input
4. Follow up questions to ICANN org regarding enforcement and Accuracy Reporting System (30 + minutes)
a. Note additional information added to the index of relevant resources from RDS-WHOIS2 RT, including responses to questions
b. Input received from scoping team to date: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit [docs.google.com] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit__;!!PtGJab4!taFolSqF77Cfrr4N-CjEkt7DYZmiXI48RbtEvaLbJ6Hxi8_r1v3JT0oguH2dnNlnLFb1tvCscA$>
c. Scoping team input
d. Confirm deadline for submission of questions
5. Confirm action items & next meeting (Thursday 18 November at 14.00 UTC)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GNSO-Accuracy-ST