[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Purposes vs Requirements

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Thu Nov 18 13:49:05 UTC 2021

Sarah, et al,

With respect to focusing on just the definition of accuracy, is our focus
solely on the accuracy of email and phone numbers, or do we anticipate the
PDP will be setting rules for the accuracy of the myriad of other data
elements?  Further, are we providing a single level of accuracy or choices
for different levels of accuracy?  If our work is aimed at setting a single
standard for accuracy, which I assume will be operational validation, and
it's intended to apply only to email and phone numbers, then the path
forward is easy.  We can converge on the wording that defines operational
validation, and the PDP will not have any work to do regarding setting the
requirements.  The implication, of course, is the PDP will say nothing
about the accuracy of the other data elements, and the only purposes that
can be supported will have to depend solely on operational validation of
email and/or phone numbers.

Thanks,

Steve