[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Proposed Agenda - Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team Meeting #1 - Tuesday 5 October at 14.00 UTC

Michael Palage michael at palage.com
Tue Oct 5 02:28:55 UTC 2021

Steve,

First thanks for completing the survey and getting a head start on some of our future work – you get the Chair’s first Gold Star for Working Group Participation😊

One of the questions I would like to pose to you, Jeff and the rest of your SSAC colleagues is the following. SAC 058 was written in 2013 - over 8 years ago. Since that time there has been a substantial amount of work done internationally on identity/accuracy proofing standards. Has SSAC ever revised a previously published SAC document to make sure that it is still up to date with current international and industry best practices?

Specifically, I would like to address your validation levels V0, V1, V2, and V3.  Under older NIST Guidelines (Version 1.0.2. -2011) I believe there were 4 recognized assurance levels. However, under the current NIST SP 800-63a Digital Identity Guidelines (https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-63a.pdf) there are now 3 Identity Assurance Levels (IAL) NOT 4.  These three assurance levels also align with the levels in the current EU eIDAS Regulation (2016) (low, substantial and high), see https://ec.europa.eu/cefdigital/wiki/display/CEFDIGITAL/eIDAS+Levels+of+assurance

So please keep up the excellent work and I look forward to hearing any additional feedback from you and Jeff.

Best regards,

Michael