[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Wrapping Up + New RSEP Filing

michael palage.com michael at palage.com
Mon Aug 15 13:44:56 UTC 2022

Hello All,

I am reaching out today and tomorrow with some of the stakeholder groups to access where we are regarding wrapping things up.  Please leave our regularly scheduled Thursday slot reserved for now. After consulting with the Accuracy Scoping Leadership Team tomorrow next steps will be shared with the group.

On a side note, I read the most recent RSEP filed by Verisign which may be of interest to the group as it deals with Chinese Real Name Verification requirements and how Verisign will be complying with these legal requirements in connection with .COM and .NET, see https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rsep-2022044-com-et-al-request-25jul22-en.pdf For those that are not interested in reading the full RSEP filing, Kevin Murphy does a good job summarizing in this article, see https://domainincite.com/28132-verisign-to-crack-down-on-chinese-domains

Best regards,

Michael