[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Notes and action items - RDA Scoping Team Meeting #11 - 23 December 2021

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Mon Jan 3 14:50:47 UTC 2022

Caitlin,

Thanks for your note.  SSAC's contribution to the gap analysis was
submitted many days ago, so I'm puzzled that you say it hasn't been
submitted.

I've also been thinking about gaps in a somewhat broader sense.  The
attached Gap Roster is for the group to consider.  It's intended to be a
repository for all of the gaps, issues, etc.  We're going to put this into
Google docs so the community can contribute on a continuous basis.  An
immediate next step is to make sure each of the questions, issues, etc. in
your note are included.

A few more words about the gap roster.  I'm using "gap" in broadly than
usual.  A lot of the same issues keep coming up, not only within the
Accuracy Scoping Team discussions but throughout the entire registration
data directory system policy development process.

Rather than attempting to resolve the various long-standing issues, I think
it will be helpful to everyone to keep track of and document the
long-standing differences in objectives.  Gaps of this sort are not going
to be resolved by the constrained processes we're engaged in.  Nonetheless,
I think it's important to be forthright about the unresolved issues instead
of trying to rule them out of order.

Not all of the gaps are large and sticky.  Some are much smaller and more
likely to be resolved.

The ground rules for this roster are to focus on content, not the motives
of others, and to keep the descriptions concise.  Include pointers to
supporting or lengthier material if needed.  We will curate to
merge duplicates but not to lose important distinctions, and to keep it
tight and manageable.

The goal is to keep the larger issues in view while being clear about which
issues are resolved and which ones will continue to be outstanding.

Thanks,

Steve