[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] External Data Point on Accuracy

Volker Greimann volker.greimann at centralnic.com
Fri Jul 1 11:30:09 UTC 2022

Hi Michael,

not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, but nowhere in the article
does it state that the roughly 29k domain names had false or incorrect
registration details. The article states that the websites contained false
or incorrect data, not the domains.

Further, your math seems to be off, since the deactivation of this number
of domains occurred over the course of approximately 4 years. This means
this number will likely have to be at least quartered to be even remotely
comparable to the number of domains in the registry at any given time.

Please stop misinterpreting the news of the world to fit your personal
agenda. Let us focus on actual evidence instead.

I also agree to Sarah's comments: To be able to define a level of
acceptability we first need to define what we mean by accuracy and what
level of inaccuracy would make a record "unacceptable".

Best,

--
Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Oliver Fries and Robert Birkner

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.

This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended only for
the person(s) directly addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, transmission, distribution, or other forms of
dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this
email with any files that may be attached.