[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] RDA Scoping Team Poll - Please complete by 11 July 2022

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Mon Jun 27 19:59:35 UTC 2022

Dear RDA Scoping Team Members,

We hope this message finds everyone well and safely home from ICANN74-related travels.

You may remember that during the ICANN74 session<https://74.schedule.icann.org/meetings/aDX42bKEX3ggMnosr#/?limit=10&sortByFields%5B0%5D=isPinned&sortByFields%5B1%5D=lastActivityAt&sortByOrders%5B0%5D=-1&sortByOrders%5B1%5D=-1&uid=messagesWidgetTable-aDX42bKEX3ggMnosr>, the Staff Support Team had an action item to distribute a poll in order to assess the support of the current recommendations and the potential pausing of the Team’s work.

You can find a link to the survey here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwX4ETNAHvGZkvnLONNPdv8QnFyQnhNPZXZNgPko_N0OhlBw/viewform?usp=sf_link>, but please read on for additional context and instructions.

During the Team’s discussions at ICANN74, it became clear that the reference to “pausing our work” in recommendation #2 may have been taken out of context and has been implied to mean that all work would be paused. This is NOT what is currently recommended in the write up, as recommendation #1 proposes to move forward with the Registrar Survey. As such, we would like to suggest clarifying in recommendation #2 that the pausing specifically relates to proposals that require access to registration data, as those are dependent on the outreach that ICANN org is undertaking to the EDPB.

However, that does not change the fact that based on the current work identified (the Registrar Survey), there is likely no need for weekly calls, and the Scoping Team would move to an ‘on a need’ basis schedule – when input is required on the Registrar Survey and/or EDPB outreach. In addition, a search for a new Chair will need to be carried out.

Additionally, during the ICANN74 session, some members indicated that, in addition to the Registrar Survey, there are other proposals that the Scoping Team should consider including in its write up for assignments #1 and #2. This survey gives members the opportunity to come forward with additional proposals that have not yet been considered by the Team. For members who have additional proposals, please be as specific and detailed as possible.

All members are asked to complete the survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwX4ETNAHvGZkvnLONNPdv8QnFyQnhNPZXZNgPko_N0OhlBw/viewform> by Monday, 11 July. (The next RDA Scoping Team meeting will be scheduled for Thursday, 14 July at 14:00 UTC; invites will be sent out shortly.) The Team will discuss any additional proposals received during our upcoming meeting on Thursday, 14 July.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Marika, Berry, and Caitlin