[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Potential Additional Questions to ICANN Org

Sarah Wyld swyld at tucows.com
Wed Mar 2 14:26:36 UTC 2022

Hello all,

There’s a lot going on in this thread which I am not able to respond to at this time, but I do want to respond to one specific suggestion:

> Would it be that much of an additional burden to ask the Registrants if the information contained in the Whois/RDDS is accurate and share those results with the group?

There is an annual Whois data confirmation email sent out to all registrants, which includes the current registration data and asks them if it is accurate, along with an explanation that they are required to provide accurate and up-to-date information and instructions for how to update it if necessary.

Does that not match up with this idea of asking Registrants if their Whois info is accurate?

Thanks,

--
Sarah Wyld, CIPP/E

Policy & Privacy Manager