[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Level Setting

Sarah Wyld swyld at tucows.com
Wed Mar 16 16:49:50 UTC 2022

Hi Michael,

Those conversations were private and so (perhaps unfortunately) I cannot share which other contracted parties I spoke with regarding accreditation of data requestors.

I do not personally process the data disclosure requests sent in to Tucows, so I do not have details about how our Legal validates a requestor. As mentioned on that other call, I am aware that our team does their own validation and would not rely only on that of a third-party accreditation provider, but I don’t have further specifics.

If this is of interest to the Scoping Team, we could request this information from registrars as a whole, I’d be happy to take that request to the RrSG. In that case, I’d need a bit of help to be able to clearly explain how the information will be used, especially in the context of registration data accuracy.

Thanks,

--
Sarah Wyld, CIPP/E

Policy & Privacy Manager