[Gnso-bylaws-dt] MP3 and Attendance - GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team- 22 August 2016

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon Aug 22 20:34:50 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team- call held on Monday 22 August 2016 at 17:00 UTC at:
<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpstaLruU1MDPsZgbe6adYe31XXK-2Fbvebri6Aw-2B0TG1bDsw-3D-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzqTTQO2a3WbdtiglF2QEBRyk18k1qUfhsBU6G-2BcF5-2F8ogMex83it6iOnx8-2BP1rx6zd8rssMPNkztCZRiKW0-2F9VhZCzO8KzipLHeruFqwsnTtAPgddrrelqo-2BWIeHHKJbm2TJBKe-2BTAMPEZV2kUfLG8IdXtiwOaxfo7ru-2F75tXM6sfHE8CZSCioz-2FOI09Pe9FtQHfUojKvq8yb5LkxgPrhfK76s3nC0E8sZgx8q-2BbmeOTCCn3p773P96Vh1MYTsaLqrotR5xpI9xoOePI-2BcpdGDqMhTXR7dVahw6ueApdiEqU>http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-bylaws-implementation.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-bylaws-implementation.mp3 > <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-bylaws-implementation.mp3 >

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Farzaneh Badii
Steve Metalitz
Darcy Southwell
Amr Elsadr
David Maher
Edward Morris
Steve Debianco
Matthew Shears

Apologies: none

ICANN staff:
Julie Hedlund
Mary Wong
Emily Barabas
Nathalie Peregrine

DT wikispace: https://community.icann.org/x/yhCsAw

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 22 August 2016

    Nathalie Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the GNSO Bylaws Implementation Drafting Team on Monday 22 August 2016 at 1700 UTC

  Nathalie Peregrine:Welcome all!
  Mary Wong:Hello everyone
  Nathalie Peregrine:David Maher is on the audio bridge
  Nathalie Peregrine:and now in the AC room :)
  Nathalie Peregrine:Matthew Shears has joined the AC room
  matthew shears:apologies for being late
  Nathalie Peregrine:Bang on time, welcome!
  Julie Hedlund:Here is the wiki link and we'll also send it with the notes after the call: https://community.icann.org/x/yhCsAw
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Julie. The link requires one to log in to confluence?
  Amr Elsadr:Don't see why this group shouldn't have a chair.
  Julie Hedlund:I don't think so, just if you want to put in a comment.
  Julie Hedlund:I think you can view without loggin in.
  Nathalie Peregrine:@ Amr, it shouldn't  need to log in, let me look into the viewing restrictions
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks.
  Steve DelBianco:what is the duration of this drafting team?
  Steve DelBianco:When must we complete our work?
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Steve. What you say makes sense to me.
  matthew shears:Support Steve as chair
  Farzaneh Badii:me too support Steve as chair.
  Steve DelBianco:Weekly makes sense
  Steve DelBianco:Not Mondays, please
  Amr Elsadr:Hmmm. Too bad. Mondays are a good day for me.
  Darcy Southwell:Support Steve as chair.  Weekly meetings make sense to me too.
  matthew shears:Wednesdays aren't great either
  Farzaneh Badii:Friday
  Farzaneh Badii:yes
  Steve DelBianco:Friday fine
  Amr Elsadr:Friday would not work for me at all. It's a weekend over here.
  matthew shears:Doodle may be easier
  Farzaneh Badii:yes doodle.
  Amr Elsadr:If we do end up doing it on Fridays, I may need to be replaced on this group.
  Edward Morris:Friday is fine but we should try to avoid a clash with the RPM subteam meetings that day
  steve metalitz:OK w/Doodle
  Edward Morris:Thanks Mary
  Amr Elsadr:Yeah. Doodle seems to be the most sensible way to proceed.
  Steve DelBianco:Great work on this table !
  matthew shears:yes, very helpful!
  Julie Hedlund:All -- the table is unsynced.
  Darcy Southwell:The table was definitely helpful - thank you!
  Amr Elsadr:Assuming the DT does agree that the Council needs to be involved in the processes that allow the GNSO to envoke some of the new powers, agree with Steve.
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Steve.
  Amr Elsadr:We may also have to coordinate this with the GNSO Review WG.
  Steve DelBianco:In other words, let's do the work in the table, assuming that Council represents GNSO members.    At the same time, we can suggest that GNSO could create an alternate mechanism that bypasses the Council
  David Maher (PIR):I'd like to hear more about alternate mechaniism before proceeding on that path
  Steve DelBianco:I have a hard stop in about 5 minutes.   Apologies, but as I said before, Mondays are terrible for me!
  Amr Elsadr:Fantastic. Thanks.
  Amr Elsadr:Agree Steve. Thanks.
  Steve DelBianco:a decision whether to block the budget seems procedural, but may be driven by a policy decision
  Amr Elsadr:Note that the GNSO Council has been sending comments in on the ICANN budget/strategic plan, but so far, only limited to how it affects the GNSO's PDP.
  Amr Elsadr:But as mentioned before, we will need to consider how the Council's role could be expanded.
  Steve DelBianco:That's true, Steve.    And when GNSO was asked to approve the CWG and CCWG proposals, we used Council to gather decisions from the underlying GNSO constituencies
  Steve DelBianco:Think:  Council as Conduit, as opposed to Council as delibeartive body
  Steve DelBianco:With apologies, I must drop now.
  Julie Hedlund:@Steve D. Thanks so much for joining and for volunteering as Chair.
  matthew shears:perhaps a quick run through then we can review prior to the next meeting
  Amr Elsadr:I actually meant we could try to begin going through it between now and the next call on-list, but don't object to starting now.
  Julie Hedlund:@Steve Metalitz, we do have that table and can send it around.
  matthew shears:works for me to Amr
  steve metalitz:I'll be glad to re-circulate that doc with appropriate caveats
  Mary Wong:@Amr, sorry - and thank you!
  Farzaneh Badii:perhaps the team members  should volunteer for each grouping so that we don't miss something.
  Amr Elsadr:Not that it acutally matters, but the bylaws refer to the Council chair as the GNSO Chair, not just the Council Chair. :)
  Amr Elsadr:The same is not true for the vice chairs.
  matthew shears:no comment except to say this is useful - thanks
  steve metalitz:Just to note that IF it is decided that the GNSO council shouldl have responsibilities beyond management of the policy development process (and the others in current bylaws), then this decision should be reflected in an amendment to the bylaws.
  Amr Elsadr:@Steve: Absolutely.
  steve metalitz:I.e., an amendment to Article 11
  matthew shears:perhaps we can have a litle more time to digest the doc before deciding where we focus?
  Julie Hedlund:@Mary: Yes, that is correct.  We have started a draft but also should take into consideration the table the Steve metalitz has mentioned.
  Edward Morris:agree with Matt
  matthew shears:good point Amr
  Darcy Southwell:Agree with Amr on that.
  David Maher (PIR):+1
  Amr Elsadr:If Steve requires assistance in chairing this group (although I doubt he does), I'm happy to help.
  matthew shears:support Amr for supporting steve
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.
  matthew shears:thanks!"
  Farzaneh Badii:bye
  Darcy Southwell:Thanks.
  Julie Hedlund:Thanks everyone!  Have a nice  morning/afternoon/evening!