[Gnso-bylaws-dt] Fwd: Update on Guidelines & Templates for the GNSO’s Role in the Empowered Community Drafting Team work

Heather Forrest haforrestesq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 07:53:40 UTC 2019

Dear DT colleagues,

In advance of our call, please see below my email to the GNSO Council
leadership team earlier this week updating as to our progress and
suggestions re meeting attendance, a public session in Cancun, and how to
deal with final sign-off on 18.12 Joint Consultation Guidelines with the
ccNSO. An update on the Joint Consultation Guidelines is on our agenda for
this week  - Julie, Ariel and I will provide more detailed information
then.

I understand Keith's reply to be supportive of where we are and what is
proposed in terms of next steps.

We are, hooray!, coming to the end of our efforts with the work on 3.1, 3.2
and 3.3 in this week's call. To streamline and economise your work, if you
haven't already reviewed the drafts that Ariel and Julie circulated at the
end of our last call, if you can spare an hour between now and the call,
review 3.1. You'll find later that 3.2 and 3.3 are nearly identical in
terms of process, it's just the trigger for the process that differs.
Julie, Ariel, David and I have been in all 3 docs and making various
typographical, consistency and clean-up type edits over the past 2 weeks.
With each wave of edits, Ariel has gone back over all 3 docs to clean them
up, so that we're not faced with a horribly messy document for our call.
She's frankly done an amazing job at keeping up with all the tinkering.
There are some major issues of substance to focus on in our call this week
- I urge us to resist the temptation to engage in wordsmithing during the
call, so that we can be sure to get through 3.1 in its entirety while we're
together. The tinkering and review of the other two docs, 3.2 and 3.3, I'm
confident can be done offline after we've finished discussing 3.1.

With best wishes to everyone, and looking forward to catching up with you
in a bit more than 12 hours,

Heather