[Gnso-dmpm-wg] [Dmpm] Re: Metrics Request Pilot - DMPM Rec#1

Tony Onorato tony.onorato at FisherBroyles.com
Thu Jul 23 12:32:57 UTC 2015

My concern is with complicating the measure of success for the protocols we, as a WG, are trying to implement.  As I see it, the success of our recommendations for the use of data/metrics ought to be more limited to whether future groups used data per the process we are advocating, and whether that use was meaningful to that group’s process.

I agree there are related points of success that could be considered, but for our purposes, my sense is to keep it narrowly tailored so we can attain clear feedback on whether our proposals resulted in more widespread acceptance of the “data ethos” and whether that is working, in a general sense, for policy development through future groups.

Happy to discuss.

Best,

Tony

Tony Onorato, Esq./CIPP(US)
FisherBroyles, LLP
Directs: 202.459.3599/646.397.4750 | Fax: 516.706.9809 | tony.onorato at fisherbroyles.com<mailto:tony.onorato at fisherbroyles.com> | fisherbroyles.com<http://www.fsblegal.com/>

From: Pam Little [mailto:pam.little12 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:34 PM
To: 'Janvier Noulaye'; Tony Onorato
Cc: 'Berry Cobb'; dmpm at icann.kavi.com; gnso-dmpm-wg at icann.org
Subject: RE: [Dmpm] Re: Metrics Request Pilot - DMPM Rec#1

With regard to Janvier’s suggestion, maybe we can be more specific. For example:

·        Availability and clarity of eligibility criteria for funding

·        # of applications received vs # approved or rejected

·        Average time of the approval process

With regard to Tony’ suggestion, maybe we can add:

·        Who (eg registrants or registrars) or what groups have benefited from the availability of data/metrics?