[gnso-dnsabuse-smallteam] Leadership for the DNS Abuse Small Team

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Tue Feb 22 18:14:40 UTC 2022

Hello all,

Following up on the message below, a couple of things.

  *   Reminder to please review the draft outreach messages staff shared last week. From our perspective at least, the text should be pretty straight forward and hopefully accomplish the goal of getting the community groups to consider what issues around DNS abuse are most appropriately mitigated via policy development, if any. Having seen no comments or objections yet, can we suggest a deadline of 25 February 2022 for this small team, after which we could take next steps: namely, share with the full Council for non-objection and then Council leadership send the outreach messages to the various groups.
  *   As we await input from the groups, staff believes there is some useful discussion to be had within the small team. What makes sense to us is to have the small team consider the questions that it will be asking the community. With that in mind, we’re conjecturing that the timing is rather fortuitous. We’re planning to schedule a meeting for this group the week after ICANN73, which allows you all time from now and through ICANN73 (where groups will likely be meeting and may have an opportunity to discuss their thoughts on DNS abuse) to collect inputs.

We welcome your thoughts on our proposed path forward. Given that the team has expanded since the initial Doodle poll, staff will circulate a new poll separately, where we can hopefully identify a suitable time to meet on an ongoing basis.

Best,
Marika & Steve