[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] IDN EPDP Vice Chair

Justine Chew justine.chew.icann at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 04:13:19 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I would like to volunteer for selection as Vice Chair of this EPDP.

Please allow me a few moments of your time and attention to re-introduce
myself.

I am an outgoing member of the 15-person At-Large Advisory Committee
(ALAC), having been selected by NomCom to represent the APAC region in
2019-2021. I chose to participate in this EPDP as IDNs have been identified
as an area of importance for my region. While not an expert in IDNs, I have
been following, at a high level, the community's past work in the area as
much as possible, both prior to the initiation of this EPDP and through the
reading list that was handed to all of us by Edmon.

Having participated fairly actively as a member of the SubPro PDP WG and
the RPM PDP WG, both which ran multi-years, I believe I am quite
well-versed with the recommendations of those 2 PDP WGs (especially insofar
as they relate to the work of this EPDP). I was also appointed and acted as
the At-Large liaison for SubPro in the last 2 years of the SubPro PDP WG's
subsistence. Those experiences as well as participation in the still active
EPDP on Specific Curative Rights Protections for IGOs (as an ALAC
alternate) means that I am familiar with the GNSO Operating Procedures, in
particular, various aspects of the GNSO PDP 3.0 and its predecessor.

I will certainly do my best to assist Donna and all EPDP
members/participants here to get through our work purposefully, should I be
selected as Vice Chair. It should be noted that whatever the outcome,
the composition of the members representing the ALAC is not affected since
I am a participant to this EPDP.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

And, thank you, Donna, for the invitation for volunteers to assist you.

Kind regards,

Justine Chew