[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Draft Outcome: Charter Questions A5 & A6

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Wed Feb 9 08:21:57 UTC 2022

Hi Ariel, Steve, and Emily,

thanks for the work of drafting the text. In general I have no
objections to the draft.

I found the following small items:

* footnote 15:
"For the scripts with allocatable variant labels, ICANN org staff ran
them through the RZ-LGR to see how many variants are created."
should be changed to
"For the scripts with allocatable variant labels, ICANN org staff ran
all existing gTLD labels through the RZ-LGR to see how many variants are
created."
It was not the scripts that have been run through the RZ-LGR, but the
existing labels.

* Implementation Guidance 1.9:
You usually put "(if any)" after "delegated and allocated variant
labels", I guess it should be added here, too.

* Last paragraph of page 10:
"The existing registry operator will be able to continue to operate the
affected TLD and its delegated and allocated variant labels (if any)"
I guess, for clarification, we should add something in the way of
"though it will not be allowed to apply for any new variants unless
those variants adhere to the updated version of the RZ-LGR."
This is to make sure grandfathering really only covers delegated or
allocated variants, but it does not give the gTLD the permit to add
apply for further variants that would be valid with the old RZ-LGR but
are invalid with the new version.

Best regards,

Michael

      |       |
      | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                    Technologiepark
                                  Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                  44227 Dortmund
                                  Germany

      Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                  Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
      Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
      Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                  Register Court: