[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Proposed Change to Sequencing of Charter Questions

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Wed Jan 26 01:31:13 UTC 2022

[Please see below the message sent on behalf of Donna]

Dear EPDP Team,

As you may have noticed from the proposed agenda for this week’s meeting, we will discuss possible changes to the sequencing of our charter questions. The goal is to ensure a logical order is being followed and provide efficiencies to our deliberations.

In consultation with Dennis Tan Tanaka, who was the IDNs EPDP Charter Drafting Team Chair, the EPDP leadership team is proposing the following changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YfnJPAO7Ey6MRpVCR7N8uMPHmGWdnHcxioOS6R8EN84/edit - gid=0<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YfnJPAO7Ey6MRpVCR7N8uMPHmGWdnHcxioOS6R8EN84/edit#gid=0>

In summary:

  *   Complete the first pass of Topic A questions related to RZ-LGR

  *   Address questions with implications to IDNs at the top-level (application process, legal/operational framework):
B1-B3, D1-D1b, B4-B4a, B5, E1-E7, D2-D3

  *   Followed by questions with implications to the second-level and beyond (lifecycle management, RPMs, etc.):
C1-C6, D4-D8, E6, F1-F2

  *   And lastly, the IDN Implication Guidelines related questions:
G1, G1a

  *   The proposed sequencing takes into account the “explicit” dependencies, which are called out in the Charter, as well as the “implicit” dependencies identified by Dennis and the Leadership Team. The implicit dependencies column will be updated as the EPDP Team discovers additional ones along the way.

We recognize that the revised sequencing won’t be perfect, particularly as we are learning the topics and working through the charter questions in an iterative manner. To that end, we will maintain the flexibility to adjust the sequencing if necessary in the future.

I don’t want this exercise to become a distraction and take time away from out actual work. If agreement for the proposed sequencing becomes difficult and time consuming, we will default back to the original workplan and tackle the charter questions topic by topic.

Thank you for your review in advance. We look forward to the discussion this Thursday.

Best Regards,
Donna