[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Results of Survey to Arabic and Chinese IDN gTLD Registry Operators

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Thu Jul 7 12:59:10 UTC 2022

Dear All,

As you recall, the EPDP Team sent a survey to Arabic and Chinese IDN gTLD registry operators to assess their level of interest in requesting and activating variant labels for their respective TLDs. The purpose of the survey was to help the EPDP Team establish whether existing IDN gTLD ROs were interested in activating variant TLDs, which in turn was intended to assist the Team’s consideration of Charter questions related to existing ROs.

The survey closed on Friday, 24 June 2022 and staff has compiled anonymized survey results for your review (please see document attached). While the survey results are not authoritative because of the brief nature of the survey, they do provide a data point that may be helpful to our future deliberations, including Charter question D1b (Part 1) that we had placed on hold pending the outcome of the survey.

Best Regards,
Steve, Emily, Ariel