[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] [EPDP-IDNs P2] Draft Initial Report - Request for Review

Michael Bauland Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
Mon Apr 8 07:52:58 UTC 2024

Hi Donna, hi all,

I think we have to take the next 6 months to re-visit most of the
recommendations in light of the new information and because ... ok, just
kidding (I hope I didn't cause a heart attack for Donna). In general I'm
also fine with going for public comment with the current version.

There are some very minor points, that I found when reading the
document, which should be easily fixable (if at all necessary).

p.8 Section 2.3 says:
"In addition, as IDN table harmonization was one of the most challenging
topics for the EPDP Team during Phase 2, the members from the Registries
Stakeholder Group (RySG) and ICANN org worked together collaboratively
[...]".

I believe one registrar representative also contributed to some of those
discussions. If registrars were left out on purpose, e.g., because most
of the work has been done by registries, then I'm also fine with leaving
it the way it is. But if it simply was on oversight, we should probably
add registrars in some way, too.

In the Glossary (p.27), the definition of "Variant Domain Set" says:
"The set of variant domain names that are derived from and also includes
the source domain name."
I think there is a grammatical error here and it should either be:
"The set of variant domain names that IS derived from and also includes
the source domain name."
or
The set of variant domain names that are derived from and also INCLUDE
the source domain name."
Depending on whether "that" refers to the "set" or the "variant domain
names", but it should not be changed in the middle of the sentence.

p.29, list of Charter Questions:
I would suggest to always have a blank after a comma, just like in
"Charter Questions G1, 1a"), otherwise it looks ugly (to me).

p.137/138 membership and attendance
I would suggest to add "Vice-Chair" to Justine's entry. Or at least
Vice-Chair until XXX, and correspondingly state "Vice-Chair since XXX"
to Farell's entry.
I think Justine's long and helpful role as Vice-Chair should not be
forgotten.

Cheers,

Michael

      |       |
      | knipp |            Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                    Technologiepark
                                  Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                  44227 Dortmund
                                  Germany

      Dipl.-Informatiker          Fon:    +49 231 9703-0
                                  Fax:    +49 231 9703-200
      Dr. Michael Bauland         SIP:    Michael.Bauland at knipp.de
      Software Development        E-mail: Michael.Bauland at knipp.de

                                  Register Court: