[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Updated Language for Rec 12, Rec 14 & "Variant"

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Wed Feb 21 00:47:22 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

Following last week’s call, leadership and staff worked together to update recommendation 12 pertaining to RDAP and recommendation 14 regarding IDN Implementation Guidelines. Please note that there are some substantive changes to the recommendation language, and additional implementation guidance has been developed to complement them.

You may focus on the new redlines on pp.32-42 for these recommendations and implementation guidance. In particular, on p.37, we kept the old recommendation 14 for the ease of reference, and included the new recommendation 14 and implementation guidance 18 with blue highlight: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UrrckzbPNL1Z8fUtH5Q5WqUWglxbD-SbihX8o8Vslv8/edit?pli=1

In addition, you may find the new entry of “variant” on the glossary document, pp.16-17: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NaDttdqEdrNeWPxZVWm2JA565zN3beFx7ZGbYlQ-lq4/edit#heading=h.8kop0vqgn90n

Thank you for the preview. We will plan to close these remaining loops on Thursday, including the IDN Table harmonization discussion.

Thank you,
Ariel