[Gnso-epdp-legal] Notes and action items - EPDP Phase 2 Legal Committee Meeting #3

Margie Milam margiemilam at fb.com
Fri Aug 9 16:55:08 UTC 2019

Hi-
Following up on the action items from Tuesday’s call -  I added the use case we discussed on yesterday’s call to Question 11.

Updated Question 11: Can legal counsel be consulted to determine whether GDPR prevents fast automated, and non-rate limited responses (as described in SSAC 101) to nonpublic WHOIS data with regards to the SSAC use case (Overarching Purpose: Crime and abuse investigation by non-law enforcement parties) for properly credentialed security practitioners (as defined in SSAC 101), who have agreed on appropriate safeguards?  If such access is not prohibited, can counsel provide examples of safeguards (such as pseudonymization) that should be considered? (BC)

All the best,

Margie