[Gnso-epdp-legal] Revised Q6

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Thu Sep 5 13:38:26 UTC 2019

Hello Team,

Georgios and I had a chance to catch up this morning, and agreed to submit the revised Q6 (from our original numbering) below to the legal subteam for discussion:

Q6) Within the context of an SSAD, in addition to determining its own lawful basis for disclosing data, may the disclosing party (which may not be the entity that houses the requested data) take full responsibility to assess the lawful basis of the third-party requestor (without the entity that houses the requested data being responsible for assessing the lawful basis of the requestor)?

*Note to legal subteam: do we want to expand this question to cover the other aspects of a disclosure request, beyond merely the lawful basis?

Brian J. King
Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs

T +1 443 761 3726
markmonitor.com<http://www.markmonitor.com>

MarkMonitor
Protecting companies and consumers in a digital world