[Gnso-epdp-legal] For your review: accuracy questions

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Wed Mar 18 18:48:16 UTC 2020

Dear Legal Committee:

As we discussed during today’s call, the GNSO Council recently provided a response to the EPDP Team regarding the scope of accuracy.

Specifically, the Council acknowledged the importance and complexity of the topic, but also acknowledged the time and resource constraints. The Council notified Janis that the topic of data accuracy should be deferred/decoupled from the work of the EPDP until the Council can consider the issue further, but encouraged the EPDP Team “to submit the pending [legal questions on accuracy] to help inform the work of any future scoping team. This should be done as soon as reasonably possible to take advantage of the existing legal and financial resources.”

In recognition of the above guidance, EPDP Support Staff plans to send the previously-reviewed WHOIS accuracy questions to Bird & Bird tomorrow, Thursday, 19 March. Because some Legal Committee members were unable to attend today’s call, we wanted to give you an opportunity to provide any final edits to the attached questions by Thursday, 19 March at 19:00 UTC.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Marika, Berry, and Caitlin