[Gnso-epdp-team] Notes prior to the EPDP call

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Aug 2 09:14:35 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Please find below the bios of the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group’s alternates. I am forwarding this along, as these representatives do not have posting privileges on our list.

Best wishes,

Ayden

(in alphabetical order)

Collin Kurre

My name is Collin Kurre and I represent ARTICLE 19, a London-based human rights organization. In parallel to leading our ICANN engagement, I’m responsible for developing new tools and resources for assessing the human rights impacts of internet infrastructure providers, including registries/ars.

My engagement in DNS policy has steadily increased since 2015, when I became interested in ICANN while writing my master’s thesis on multistakeholder internet governance. Within the ICANN community, I’ve been primarily involved in the CCWG-Acc and the Working Party on ICANN and Human Rights (which I co-chair).

Look forward to creating what I hope will be a future-proof solution to this challenge.

David Cake

My name is David Cake, I am an experienced ICANN participant, having been a GNSO Councillor and Vice-Chair, and involved in multiple policy processes, most recently as one of the Vice-Chairs of the Next Generation RDS group that was suspended due to overlap with this group. I am a long time activist on concerns including privacy and digital rights, including around a decade as Chair of Electronic Frontiers Australia. Professionally I am a technical consultant with a computer science and programming background, currently mostly working for Red Piranha, an information security firm, and I am a part time PhD candidate at Curtin University. I am based in Perth, Western Australia, and I am participating in this WG as a member of NCSG.

Tatiana Tropina

My name is Tatiana Tropina, I am a Senior Researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law (IT law department). I am working on legal and regulatory frameworks in the field of cybersecurity and cybercrime, in particular, law enforcement access to data in transmission and stored data in criminal investigations. I'm participating in the ePDP as an alternate of the Noncommercial Stakeholders Group. I'm also a GNSO councillor at ICANN.