[Gnso-epdp-team] Welcome - EPDP on the Temporary Specification for Registration Data

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at icannpolicy.ninja
Fri Aug 3 18:41:52 UTC 2018

Hi Kurt and all,

I have a couple of questions about your proposal to hold only one public comment period on the output of this EPDP Team:

1. Is the decision to eliminate the public comment period prior to a Board vote to adopt GNSO recommendations a decision we can make? Doesn’t the Board need to make this decision?
2. Isn’t there a provision in the RA that allows Registry Operators to provide notice to ICANN before the end of this public comment period, if they believe that a proposed Consensus Policy may be in violation of applicable law? Is this a consideration that needs to be taken into account?

Thanks.

Amr