[Gnso-epdp-team] For Final Review - Initial Report - deadline Wednesday 21 November at 18.00 UTC

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Tue Nov 20 23:47:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

Please find below some minor requested edits. Thanks!

- Please ensure the PDF exported for the community has functioning hyperlinks (the links do not work for me in this version)
- Cover page - change 'on' to 'of' (in "Initial Report on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data Expedited Policy Development Process")
- Cover page - above 'Status of this Document' - add document date
- Header on every page - delete 'Date:' (makes page appear less cluttered)
- Header on every page - change 'EPDP on the Temporary Specification Initial Report' to 'EPDP Team Initial Report' (makes page appear less cluttered)
- Page 3, footnote 3 - text should be black not grey (consistency)
- Page 4, line 85, change 'comment' to 'comments' (make plural)
- Page 4, line 86, change 'stakeholder groups' to 'community groups' (we also have GNSO constitutencies, advisory committees, etc. present)
- Page 5, lines 93 to 95, sentence seems incomplete - copy and paste error perhaps? might want to review against earlier drafts
- Page 5, line 118 - insert comma (,) after 'stability'
- Page 6, line 131 - insert comma (,) after 'operationalize'
- Page 6, line 133 - insert comma (,) after 'RRDRP'
- Page 6, line 156, please insert a blank line (improve legibility of document)
- Page 7, line 175 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 7, line 175 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 8, line 180 - insert comma after 'email'
- Page 8, line 180 - change 'RNH' to 'Registered Name Holder' (increase document legibility for community members who may not read every page)
- Page 8, line 182 - change 'RNH' to 'Registered Name Holder' (increase document legibility for community members who may not read every page)
- Page 8, line 180 - change comma in 'note,' to colon (note:)
- Page 8, line 191 - insert page break so questions appear all on one page
- Page 8, lines 183, 185, 186 - capitalise 'Registrar'
- Page 9, line 202, capitalise 'Registrar' and 'Registry'
- Page 9, line 204 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 9, line 204 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 10, line 222 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 10, line 222 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 12, line 225 - change 'registrars and registries / escrow providers' to 'registrars, registries, and/or escrow providers'
- Page 12, line 246 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 12, line 246 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 15, footnote 11 - insert comma (,) after 'BC'
- Page 16, line 298 - capitalise 'Team' (consistency)
- Page 17, line 331 - insert period (.) at end of sentence
- Page 17, line 342 - change 'ICANN' to 'ICANN Org'
- Page 17, line 343 - capitalise 'Contracted Parties' (consistency)
- Page 17, footnote 13, last sentence - capitalise 'Org'
- Page 18, line 355 - insert page break
- Page 21, line 362 - insert page break
- Page 22, line 404 - insert page break
- Page 24, line 454 - insert semi colon (;) at end of sentence
- Page 24, line 456 - change period (.) to semi colon (;)
- Page 24, line 458 - change period (.) to 'and;'
- Page 25, line 473 - change 'twice' to 'two or more times'
- Page 25, line 475 - insert comma (,) after 'Los Angeles'
- Page 25, line 478 - insert comma (,) after 'materials'
- Page 25, line 479 - change 'and' to 'including' ("SO/ACs including the GNSO’s")
- Page 26, line 531 - delete '(DSIs)' (confusing)
- Page 26, line 535, 536, and 539 - replace 'DSIs' with 'Discussion Summary Indexes' (easier for casual readers to understand the sentences, as this acronym is not used again)
- Page 27, line 554 - lowercase 'Teams'
- Page 28, line 583 - change 'development of consensus' to 'informal development of consensus.'
- Page 29, line 607 - insert line break
- Page 29, line 607 - indent this quote from the charter so it is clearer it is a quote (maybe place in italics as well?)
- Page 30, line 646 - font color is different from other lines
- Page 30, line 666 - capitalise 'Org'
- Page 30, line 667 - insert comma (,) after BC
- Page 31, line 688 - insert comma (,) after 'stability'
- Page 31, line 701 - insert comma (,) after 'operationalize'
- Page 31, line 703 - insert comma after 'RRDRP'
- Page 34, line 811 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 34, line 811 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 35, line 816 - insert comma after 'email'
- Page 35, line 816 - change 'RNH' to 'Registered Name Holder' (increase document legibility for community members who may not read every page)
- Page 35, line 818 - change 'RNH' to 'Registered Name Holder' (increase document legibility for community members who may not read every page)
- Page 35, line 816 - change comma in 'note,' to colon (note:)
- Page 36, line 861 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 36, line 861 - change 'note,' to 'note:' (replace comma with colon)
- Page 38, line 896 - change comma in 'note,' to colon (note:)
- Page 38, line 896 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 40, line 927 - insert line break after 'Data Elements (Collected and Generated)' (text in italics should be on separate line) and increase table width so there is less white space on the page
- Page 42, line 1007 - insert comma (,) after 'GAC'
- Page 43, line 1025 - insert comma (,) after 'IPC'
- Page 45, footnote 30 - insert comma (,) after 'BC'
- Page 59, line 1608 - 1618 - indent text so it is clearer it is a quote
- Page 69, line 1879 - insert page break
- Page 73, line 1975 - insert text, "If adopted by the GNSO Council, it would then be forwarded to the ICANN Board of Directors for its consideration and, potentially, approval as an ICANN Consensus Policy."
- Page 74, line 1984 - insert 'non-binding' before 'recommendations'
- Page 74, line 1995 - is it X or XI?
- Page 77, line 2101 - the IPC is a constituency of the CSG, not a stakeholder group
- Page 77, line 2117 - the NCSG is a stakeholder group not a constituency.
- Page 79, line 2184-2185 - formatting error - please fix '"Error!2185 Hyperlink reference not valid.."
- Page 81, line 2260 - change 'TEAM' to 'Team'
- Page 82, line 2263 - font color different to others
- Page 83, line 2275 - change 'CBUC' to 'BC' (consistency; we refer to them as the BC throughout this document)
- Page 85, line 2308 - delete blue box (formatting error)
- Formatting from page 86 onwards appears in bad shape - margins appear off
- Page 116, footnote 64 - change text color (consistency)
- Page 118, footnote 65 - change text color (consistency)
- Page 119, footnote 66 - change text color (consistency)
- Page 120, footnote 67 - change text color (consistency)
- Page 121, footnotes 68 and 69 - change text color and size (consistency)
- Page 121, footnotes 70 and 71 - change text color (consistency)

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Ayden Férdeline