[Gnso-epdp-team] For Final Review - Initial Report - deadline Wednesday 21 November at 18.00 UTC

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Wed Nov 21 14:39:10 UTC 2018

Hi Hadia:

Thanks for taking the time to review the report. I know that can be challenging in the third or fourth reading.

The language that is in the report:

"ALAC, BC, and IPC proposed to consider a Purpose for Processing Registration Data to address the needs and benefits provided by DNS security and stability research through publication of reports on threats to the operational stability, reliability, security, global interoperability, resilience, and openness of the DNS. The EPDP Team did not have sufficient time to discuss this proposed Purpose before publication of the Initial Report. The EPDP Team seeks community and ICANN Org input on whether the Purposes agreed upon by the EPDP Team, such as Purpose 2, already encompass this proposed purpose and, if not, whether this proposed purpose should be added (if so, provide a rationale for doing so, keeping in mind compliance with GDPR).”

Was initially proposed by Kristina, then amended by adopting part of Milton’s request to refer to purpose B (or 2) - and then edited by the team to call out the specific parties making the proposal.

The team focused on this specific paragraph for some time, “word smithing" it to this form and discussing individual clauses. I am very confident that this paragraph was the result of the team’s work on this.

Sincerely,

Kurt