[Gnso-epdp-team] Next face-to-face meeting
Diane.Plaut at corsearch.com
Wed Oct 31 17:55:11 UTC 2018
This is awesome, Farzaneh and Amr – thank you. We all need to take a step back, appreciate our collective and individual efforts and time dedication to this team; thank staff, thank each other and move forward cooperatively to what is destined to be a successful completion of our work.
Thanks to all - Diane
General Counsel and Privacy Officer
[cid:image001.png at 01D3CA70.18FC1D40]
Direct +1 646-899-2806
diane.plaut at corsearch.com<mailto:diane.plaut at corsearch.com>
220 West 42nd Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States
Join Corsearch on Twitter<https://twitter.com/corsearch> Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2593860/> Trademarks + Brands<http://trademarksandbrands.corsearch.com/>
Customer Service/Platform Support: 1 800 SEARCH1™ (1 800 732 7241)
Corsearch.USCustomerService at corsearch.com<mailto:Corsearch.USCustomerService at corsearch.com>
Confidentiality Notice: This email and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information of the sender. The information is intended only for the use by the direct addressees of the original sender of this email. If you are not an intended recipient of the original sender (or responsible for delivering the message to such person), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance of the contents of and attachments to this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender at the address shown herein and permanently delete any copies of this email (digital or paper) in your possession.
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Amr Elsadr <aelsadr at icannpolicy.ninja>
Reply-To: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr at icannpolicy.ninja>
Date: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 1:42 PM
To: farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>, Kurt Pritz <kurt at kjpritz.com>
Cc: GNSO EPDP <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] Next face-to-face meeting
At the risk of violating the ban on responding to this thread, just want to say…, what a great tune!!
Happy Wednesday to all.
Sent from Mobile
On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 6:26 PM, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com<mailto:farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>> wrote:
I hereby impose a mandatory "chill out" time on everyone on this thread at my own discretion with no power whatsoever. And also it's mandatory to listen to this song:
On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:49 AM Kurt Pritz <kurt at kjpritz.com<mailto:kurt at kjpritz.com>> wrote:
Thank you again for your time, effort and thought during the ICANN meeting. While others were visiting the various great sites that Barcelona has to offer, we were all not visiting the various great sites that Barcelona has to offer.
Yesterday, I met with Nick Tomasso who heads the ICANN meetings team to develop some options for the next face-to-face meeting. At various times during the past week, many of you approached me with the following points:
* Our results are significantly better in a face-to-face format
* The proverbial clock is ticking
* We should strive to maintain the momentum we have, therefore
* We should hold our next meeting as soon as possible.
With that in mind, Nick said he could support the following two options, a meeting
* In the first or second week in December
* In the second or third week of January
[Meetings less than 90 days away require Göran’s approval, but Nick believes he can obtain this. Nick is checking on venues with which he is familiar in Brussels now, although the meeting location is not certain.]
I am of two minds on this but do have an opinion and would appreciate your feedback over the next few days so that I can get back to Nick the first of next week.
1) The January meeting is more or less timed for us to take into account the first round of public comment.
2) Te December meeting allows us to keep working after the initial report is issued (or to wrap up the initial report in the worse case).
I think the December meeting is the better option for us. We are not going to stand down after the initial report is issued. There is a lot of work to be done. It is better, I think, to meet and consider unsettled issues, rather than meet to discuss the effect of public comment. If we are serious about finishing on time, I don’t think we can stop. So despite the inconvenience (and it will be very inconvenient for me), I think we should meet sooner rather than later.
Of course, this all depends on the ICANN meetings team pulling this off, which is no small feat,
Let me know your thoughts, I will write to Nick on Tuesday.
Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5570 bytes
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team