[Gnso-epdp-team] Applications for ICANN63 Travel Support - deadline 13 September 2018

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:12:00 UTC 2018

Thank you Marika.

I am concerned  that the 13 September deadline might be late for visa
purposes.

I have raised this issue multiple times and I explain it again, maybe we
can find a solution.

Visa seekers are in need of invitation letters / tenative hotel booking and
flight itinerary to be able to apply for a visa. It takes almost two
months. They have to book appointments from embassies (in busy capitals the
wait is very very long) Sometimes they even have to have the original
invitation letter. It takes ICANN travel some time to prepare the documents
 for them. To expedite, I suggest the application of those who need visa be
prioritized, their eligibility determined and their processing of travel be
expedited.

Just to make things a little bit easier for visa seekers, and give them an
equal chance to participate, can we expedite their applications?

Farzaneh

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:47 PM Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> As discussed during the meeting, please find attached the requirements,
> criteria and process to apply for travel support for ICANN63. The deadline
> for applications is Thursday 13 September.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Caitlin, Berry and Marika
>

> *Marika Konings*
>
> *Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation
> for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) *
>
> *Email: marika.konings at icann.org <marika.konings at icann.org>  *
>

> *Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO*
>
> *Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses
> <http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages
> <http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>. *

Farzaneh