[Gnso-epdp-team] GDPR course credentials

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon Sep 10 19:23:03 UTC 2018

This training is hopelessly inadequate and intended to ‘check a box’ rather than impart in EPDP members any new knowledge.

The course is intended to take 45 minutes to complete and, from what I understand, has a [retail price of £20](https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/Product/gdpr-staff-awareness-e-learning-course) per user.

The course offers no training on the powers of supervisory authorities, on how to perform a data protection impact assessment, or on privacy by design, among other obvious deficiencies in its curriculum.

I was under the impression we were looking for a course that would take at least three hours to complete, if not one day. We cannot be taught too much in one day, but we could be taught a lot more than can be learned in this 45 minute course (which can be completed a lot quicker than that actually) intended for front-line employees.

This is so disappointing and really does us a great disservice. This is not the training we needed, and it should have been obvious from the price alone it was not intended to be used by those who would be tasked with designing a GDPR-compliant policy or system.

Ayden