[Gnso-epdp-team] Section 4.4.8

Alex Deacon alex at colevalleyconsulting.com
Tue Sep 11 20:33:45 UTC 2018

Hi All,

As you know a group of us has been working to recommend an update to
Section 4.4.8 of the temp spec.

While we haven't come to full agreement on the update, we are pretty close
and wanted to share the current/tentative output of the volunteer team with
the broader team.

4.4.8  Supporting a framework that enables identification of third-parties
with legitimate interests grounded in legal bases, and providing these
third-parties with access to Registration Data relevant to addressing
specific issues involving domain name registrations *related to consumer
protection, investigation of cybercrime, DNS abuse and intellectual
property protection. *

The non-bold text was suggested by Amr/NCSG and the added bold text was an
updated suggested by me/IPC and supported by the BC.

Giving it a re-read again today I think additional word-smithing could be
warranted, but for now I will resist and step away and let others share
their thoughts.

Alex

--
*Alex Deacon*