[Gnso-epdp-team] [article] Beginning of the end for DomainTools? Court orders it to scrub Whois records

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Thu Sep 13 21:06:35 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am sharing this article published today by Domain Incite for information purposes, as I think is it is broadly relevant to our work:

Beginning of the end for DomainTools? Court orders it to scrub Whois records
http://domainincite.com/23401-beginning-of-the-end-for-domaintools-court-orders-it-to-scrub-whois-records

> “… A Washington court yesterday handed down a preliminary injunction against the company, after New Zealand’s Domain Name Commission sued it in July for scraping and republishing its Whois in violation of its terms of service.
>
> Notably — especially if you’re involved in the ongoing Whois reform debate — Judge Robert Lasnik’s scathing order rubbished DomainTools’ claims that its historical Whois service provides a public interest benefit that outweighs the privacy interests of .nz registrants.”

(Emphasis added)

Kind regards,

Ayden Férdeline