[Gnso-epdp-team] Input on Appendix A - Input due by Sunday 16 September

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Fri Sep 14 14:27:30 UTC 2018

Kurt and ePDP leadership team,

I would like to ask you to reconsider asking for volunteers at this stage to propose recommendations/modification (redlining) appendix A.  The working group has yet to deliberate on appendix A in any meaningful way and at a minimum should have some high level agreement on what aspects of appendix A are good and should be kept and what aspects are problematic and need to be changed, added to or removed.  I fear asking for working group members to work on redlines now will lead to the group debating the redlines rather than focusing on the substance of Appendix A and working towards consensus policy recommendations.

I understand that not getting to appendix A deliberations during Thursday’s call puts us behind scheduled and appreciate the desire to catch up.  That said, appendix A contains many of the critical components of the temporary specification.  We as a working group need to come to some level of agreement before drafting redlines or otherwise making policy recommendation on appendix A.

Best,

Marc