[Gnso-epdp-team] A note from the CPH reps

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:22:28 UTC 2019

Matt,

I thank you for your mail outlining concerns of the CPH.

I must admit that sometimes I also have the same feeling of slow progress
in our deliberations but we work as a team and need to take into account
interests of all members.

Let me explain further course of actions that may alleviate (at least
partially) your concerns. From the very beginning of Team's deliberations I
asked the staff to capture and put aside all elements that as a result of
our discussions could become part of the policy recommendations. Staff is
doing this work and it will be presented to the Team in form of Zero draft
either 30 August or 2 September. That will give the Team sufficient time to
prepare for consideration of the Zero draft at the LA meeting.

The structure of the draft will reflect the structure of our deliberations.
On the demand side - building blocs representing request elements
(requester and their categories; legal basis options; request submission
modalities; applicable safeguards; possible accreditation options just to
name some). On the supply side - elements representing disclosure
modalities (evaluation and response modalities; possible automation;
applicable safeguards just to name some). And elements of interface between
demand and supply side - gateway or gateways options; liability issues,
controller etc).

Basically - hamburger (since ICANN lately is in gastronomic tittles:-) ).

Outstanding issues (P2) should be added to building blocks where these are
relevant to SSAD and we would need to find the best way of doing it.

I hope that Zero draft will be accepted by the Team as a basis for further
work and we will concentrate further to policy recommendation formulations.

Happy to receive your reaction.

Best regards
JK