[Gnso-epdp-team] Notes and action items from EPDP Team Phase 2 Meeting #11 - 1 August 2019 - ALAC Online buyers Use Case

Volker Greimann vgreimann at key-systems.net
Mon Aug 26 15:55:38 UTC 2019

Thanks Hadia, but everything that needed to be said with regard to this
use case has been said already and instead of r-iterating every argument
I merely point towards what has been discussed before. This use case is
not fit for RDS access.

Best,

Volker

Am 26.08.2019 um 17:37 schrieb Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi:

> Hello All,
>
> The ALAC online buyers online case is a real life scenario for why
> there needs to be a distinction between natural and legal persons. I
> shall not get into this debate. However, I note that consumers
> identity and even location is now available to buyers through many
> online applications, GDPR protects personal information of natural
> persons and not legal persons. It is only fair to Internet end users
> to allow them to have the contact information of the online
> businesses. This is particularly important in case Internet end users
> are dealing with small businesses online. You can find online
> businesses  contact details now through some existing applications.
> What and who are we trying to protect by not allowing this use case.
> Commercial websites should be encouraged to indicate who they are and
> publish their information. The architecture of the web inherently does
> not require real identity, but having a complete anonymous system is
> always an invitation to problems, making people feel less accountable
> and diminishing the trust in the network. A survey conducted by Bright
> Local showed that 60%  of customers prefer to call small businesses on
> the phone. The survey also showed that consumers now look beyond
> websites, RDS is only one tool of many however, prohibiting it to
> exist works against the norm. I also note that getting clarity in
> relation to the contracted parties liability in this regard is very
> important and if implemented information should only be provided if
> the case is absolutely clear.
>
> I attach the updated user case, which is also available through the
> google doc
>
> Best
>
> Hadia el-Miniawi

Volker A. Greimann
General Counsel and Policy Manager
*KEY-SYSTEMS GMBH*

T: +49 6894 9396901
M: +49 6894 9396851
F: +49 6894 9396851
W: www.key-systems.net

Key-Systems GmbH is a company registered at the local court of
Saarbruecken, Germany with the registration no. HR B 18835
CEO: Alexander Siffrin

Part of the CentralNic Group PLC (LON: CNIC) a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 8576358.