[Gnso-epdp-team] Fwd: [GNSO-EPDP-Lead] Zero draft ready for sharing

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:59:38 UTC 2019

Dear EPDP Team,

Please find attached for your review the zero draft as well as an
accompanying diagram. As you know, our staff support team has developed
this document at the request of leadership to serve as a starting point for
our deliberations in LA. As noted in the document, this paper aims to
represent views that appeared to have been broadly shared or are based on
the current status of work but these do NOT represent formally agreed to
EPDP Team positions. Further review and discussion during the LA F2F
meeting will need to confirm whether there is support for these policy
principles, building blocks and implementation guidance and if not, how
these should be modified to achieve general support. The paper also
identifies a number of questions that are intended to aid the EPDP Team in
further detailing its intent.

I hope you will review this document with this background in mind. During
Thursday’s extraordinary meeting, the staff support team will walk you
through the document and there will be an opportunity to share initial
reactions which I expect will be focused on how to constructively use this
document as the basis for our LA deliberations. As you may recall, the next
steps are as follows:

   - Extraordinary EPDP Team meeting to present zero draft and get initial
   reactions from EPDP Team: Thursday 29 August at 20.00 UTC (note, this
   meeting will be in addition to the regular EPDP Team meeting at 14.00 UTC)
   - Conduct survey to assess which aspects of the zero draft are of most
   concern and as such should be prioritized for the F2F meeting: Monday 2 –
   Wednesday 4 September.
   - Confirm priority items for F2F meeting and confirm ‘homework’ for F2F
   meeting: Thursday 5 September (regular EPDP Team meeting)

We hope this approach will allow us to get the most out of our F2F time and
will result in significant progress towards delivering our Initial Report.

Thanks,

JK